- Symantec Messaging Gateway 8300 Series appliances
Symantec is named a Top Player in latest Radicati Market Quadrant for Secure Email Gateway
Find out why the Radicati report recognizes Symantec as a leader in Email Security.
Stop Spear Phishing, Ransomware and Credential Theft with Isolation
Insulate users with strongest link and attachment protection.
- Isolate suspicious email links and execute them in a remote environment to shut down spear phishing and other advanced email threats.
- Stop credential theft by rendering suspicious websites in read-only mode, preventing users from submitting sensitive data.
- Protect against advanced email attacks such as ransomware by isolating weaponized attachments.
- Help protect against zero-day malware by removing active, potentially exploitable content from Microsoft Office and PDF attachments.
Block Email Threats with the High Effectiveness and Accuracy
Prevent insidious email threats such as business email compromise, ransomware, and spam.
- Defeat business email compromise using advanced heuristics, BEC scam analysis, sender authentication protocols, and domain intelligence to help block typo squatting and identity spoofing.
- Contain the latest file-based attacks such as ransomware using machine learning, predictive file analysis, and virtual machine aware sandboxing to reveal malicious behavior and safely detonate suspicious files.
- Block spam attacks using global and local sender reputation, and heuristics to restrict up to 99 percent of unwanted email before it reaches your network.
- Defend against malicious links with URL reputation filtering which includes advanced phishing variant detection that sniffs out phishing links that are similar to known phishing attacks.
Accelerate Your Response to Targeted Attacks
Coordinate a response to email attacks with email analytics and SOC integration.
- Gain insights into advanced attack campaigns with in-depth threat data on every malicious email entering your organization including threat risk scores, file hashes and downloadable file artifacts, and attack information.
- Find trends in attacks and identify targeted attack recipients using third party SIEMs to correlate advanced threat information
- Quickly remediate attacks and orchestrate your response across emails and endpoints by blacklisting and quarantining threats.
Reduce Business Risk through Security Awareness
Prepare users to avert attacks with broad security education capabilities.
- Evaluate employee readiness by simulating real-world email attacks that imitate the latest email threats.
- Benchmark and improve user readiness over time with detailed reporting and repeat assessments.
- Teach users to recognize email attacks through training notifications that raise security awareness.
Protect Sensitive Information Shared Over Email
Built-in data loss prevention (DLP) and integrated policy-based encryption make it easier to safeguard company data.
- Build effective and flexible policies that protect against data loss by fingerprinting and identifying actual company data within messages or attachments. Over 100 pre-built dictionaries, patterns, and policy templates help you implement automated data protection and enforcement policies easily.
- Automate encryption of sensitive messages before leaving your environment based on customer-specified criteria and integration with Symantec Content Encryption.
- Provide a monitoring and enforcement point for sensitive information communicated via e-mail with market-leading Symantec DLP, which includes integrated quarantine management.
Options & Add-ons
Options are used to extend the functionality of the base products. Add-ons are additional products that work with the original product.
Symantec Content Encryption is a premium hosted service that integrates with the powerful content filtering and policy controls of Symantec Messaging Gateway to encrypt messages containing sensitive information. Symantec Content Encryption helps safeguard the confidentiality of sensitive data you exchange with customers and business partners via email.